PORTADOWN RUGBY FOOTBALL CLUB
- The Club shall be named Portadown Rugby Football Club; its address shall be Bridge Street, Portadown; its objects shall be to provide and maintain for its members, playing fields, pavilion, clubrooms and other necessary accommodation, to promote and encourage the playing of rugby football and other such sports and pastimes as shall be agreed upon, and generally to provide facilities for recreational and social activities among the members.
- The Club shall have a Patron who will be elected annually and be an ex-officio member of the General Committee.
- The Club shall have a President, a Senior Vice-President and a Junior Vice-President who will be elected annually. The President shall be an ex-officio member of all Club Committees and Sub-Committees and the President, Senior Vice-President and Junior Vice-President shall be ex-officio members of General Committee.
- The General Committee shall be composed of the Club Chairman, Honorary Secretary, Honorary Treasurer, the Chairpersons of Adult Rugby, Youth Rugby, Facilities, Finance, Administration, Sponsorship, Social Centre, Marketing & Events, Membership, Grounds, a Players’ Representative and an Elected Member.
The Honorary Secretary, the Honorary Treasurer and the Directors shall normally be appointed for a period of two years, though it is preferable that new appointments to the positions of Honorary Secretary and Honorary Treasurer are not made in the same year. Other positions will be elected annually. Any member of the General Committee who does not attend seventy five percent of its meetings in the year is ineligible for re-election in the following year.
Five shall form a quorum. The General Committee shall have overall control of all Club activities. The Chairman shall not normally vote but shall have a casting vote.
General Committee shall meet monthly, and, in addition, conduct four Open Meeting annually when voting members are invited to attend.
- The Club shall have an Honorary Assistant Secretary, Honorary Assistant Treasurer, Honorary Fixtures Secretary, Honorary Assistant Fixtures Secretary, Honorary Branch Committee Representative, Honorary Branch Clubs Committee Representative and Honorary Branch Youth Committee Representative who will be elected annually.
- Election of Club Officials (listed in rules 2 to 5 above) shall take place at the Annual General Meeting, normally in May.
- (a) The membership of the Club shall be divided into the following categories :
(i) Life Members (for players must be aged over 30) (Honorary Life Membership shall also be proferred upon the spouse of any paid-up Voting Member)
(ii) Vice Presidents
(iii) Honorary Life Membership in special circumstances
(iv) Rugby Playing Members including Coaches
(v) O.A.P. (aged 65 and over)
NON VOTING MEMBERS
(i) Associate members (spouses of voting members)
(ii) Associated Club Members of other Clubs in the Complex (250 or 500 Club)
(iii) Juvenile Members (playing members under 18)
(iv) Family Membership (Two Parents/Guardians social Membership and one of more children Junior Membership
(v) Lady Associate (wife of a voting Member)
(vi) Social members (non-playing members aged 18 or over not included in the above categories)
(b) Associate members, Social members and Juvenile members shall not have a vote at the General Meetings of the Club.
(c) An applicant for membership (with the exception of Juvenile members) shall be over 18 years and must be proposed by a member of any Committee or a Team Captain but may be seconded by any member. The completed application form signed by the proposer and seconder, shall be posted in a conspicuous place in the Clubhouse for 14 days. The General Committee will then consider it, having the power to either accept or reject it on the basis of a majority vote. Applicants whose names have been rejected cannot be proposed within 12 months from the date of such rejection.
(d) The General Committee shall have the power, in its absolute discretion, to determine into which category of membership a successful applicant shall be accepted.
(e) If persons are elected as members by a procedure which does not comply with the provisions of paragraph (c) they shall not be admitted to any of the privileges of membership until the expiration of at least two days from their election to membership.
(f) Persons shall not be admitted in such numbers to membership not carrying rights of voting in relation to the affairs of the Club as will result in the numbers of members not having such rights being more than three times the number of members having such rights.
(g) No person shall be allowed to become an honorary member or a temporary member of the Club or, with the exception of Life members, be relieved of payment of the regular annual subscription (other than Honorary Life Membership proferred upon widows of paid up club members or those offered Honorary Life Membership in special or exceptional circumstances).
(h) A copy of the Rules shall be given to each new member together with notification of his election. New members shall pay their Subscriptions immediately and shall not be entitled to any of the privileges of the Club until they are paid.
(i) The Annual Subscription shall be payable in advance either on 1st September (categories other than Social members) or on the anniversary of their election as members (Social members). Any member whose subscription is unpaid one month after the date automatically forfeits all privileges of membership.
(j) All members shall carry membership cards while on the premises of the Club.
(k) An alphabetical list of the names and addresses of every official and member of the Club shall be kept on the premises of the Club.
- At least four Trustees or a sole Corporate Trustee shall be appointed by the General Committee to hold office until death or resignation or removal from office by a resolution of the General Committee and in such circumstances the General Committee shall appoint a successor whose appointment shall be ratified by the Annual General Meeting.
The Trustees shall have the power to acquire, hold, mortgage, charge and dispose of and shall have vested in themselves all real and personal property, lands, buildings and hereditaments and premises purchased, taken on lease or otherwise acquired by or for the benefit of the Club.
- The Club may at any time or times borrow from any persons any moneys required for the purposes of the Club on such reasonable terms as to repayment of principal and payment of interest and on such security as the General Committee think fit.
- The Club’s assets and finances shall be used solely to further the objects of the Club. At no time or under no circumstances shall assets of the Club be distributed among members either on an interim or on a winding up basis.
- A resolution to dissolve the Club shall be passed only at a General Meeting specially summoned for the purpose of such resolution if supported by not less than 75% of those present and entitled to vote.
In the event of the Club being dissolved, surplus assets remaining after the satisfaction of debts and liabilities shall be held in trust by the Trustees until transferred by them to an institution or organisation with objects similar to those of Portadown R.F.C. provided that the Rules of such institution or such organisation similarly preclude the distribution of such assets to its members.
- The Annual Subscription payable to the Honorary Treasurer or Honorary Membership Secretary shall be :
(i) Vice Presidents £70
(ii) (a) Rugby playing members over 21 £150
(ai) Rugby Playing Members over 21 may pay by 12 Monthly Rolling Instalments of £12.50.
(b) Rugby playing members 18-21 years and full time students £60
(c) Rugby playing members – exiles £20
(d) Women rugby playing members over 18 £150
17 or under £60
(e) Coach – Foundation Level £50
(f) Coach – Level 1 £25
(g) Coach – Level 2 and above £Free
(h) “New” Youth/Mini Coach £20
In respect of Rule 12(h), “New” coaches will be deemed to be those who have not previously been a member of the Club and this level of Subscription shall apply to them for a Maximum of three years from the date of joining. All applications to this Category must be approved and brought forward by the Chairman of Rugby.
(iii) O.A.P. £30
(iv) Lady Associate members £10
(v) Life members (restricted to members over 30 years of age) £750
(vi) Associated Club Members of other Clubs in the complex
(a) 250 Club (first 25 free then £10 each) £250
(b) 500 Club (first 100 free then £5 each) £500
(vii) Social members £30
(viii) Family Members £100
(ix) Juvenile members :
(a) Youth Player up to 18 years £60
(b) Under 12 (including Mini Rugby) £60
- The Honorary Treasurer shall collect and take charge of the funds of the Club, keep regular Accounts of Receipts and Expenditures and report the state of the funds at the Annual General Meeting or to the General Committee when required.
- The end of the financial year of the Club shall be the last day of April.
- The same person, except where that person is a parent, wife or child of a member, shall not be admitted as a guest of a member to the Club premises on more than 20 days in any period of 12 months.
- A guest of a member shall not be admitted to the Club premises except in the company of a member and the member shall, immediately on the admission of his guest to the Club premises, enter his name and address of his guest in a book which shall be kept for that purpose and which shall show the date of each visit.
- A member shall be responsible for his guest strictly observing the Rules and shall not leave the Club premises before his guest and a guest of a member shall not be supplied with intoxicating liquor in the Club premises unless upon the invitation and in the company of a member.
- In the case of a team or other body of persons who are, as members of another Club (whether registered or not), society or organisation, visiting the Club for the purpose of taking part in or in the organisation of, or arrangements for any pastime, sport, game or recreation at the Club, it shall suffice for the Secretary, or other Committee Member of the Club or Team Captain to enter in the Visitors’ Book the name of the club, society or organisation and the number of such visitors without specifying their names and addresses. Thereafter on the occasion of that visit, intoxicating liquor may be supplied to such visitors at the request and in the presence of any member of the General Committee.
- No member of the General Committee and no manager or servant employed in the Club, shall have any personal interest in the supply of intoxicating liquor therein or in the profits arising from such supply.
- No person shall be paid at the expense of the Club any commission, percentage or similar payment on or without reference to purchases of intoxicating liquor by the Club.
- No person shall, directly or indirectly, derive any pecuniary benefit from the supply of intoxicating liquor by or on behalf of the Club or members or guests, apart from any benefit accruing to the Club as a whole.
- Intoxicating Liquor shall not be supplied in the Club premises and any bar on the Club premises shall be kept closed except during the permitted hours. The permitted hours are the hours:-
- on week-days, other than Good Friday or Christmas Day, from 11.30 in the morning to 11 in the evening, and
- on Good Friday from 5 in the afternoon to 11 in the evening, and
- on Sunday or Christmas Day from 12.30 in the afternoon to 10 in the evening.
- The General Committee of the Club shall have the power on behalf of the Club to apply to the local PSNI Sub-Divisional Commander for an extension of permitted hours, from 11 in the evening to 1 in the morning of the next day, for special occasions up to a maximum of 52 in any year, as provided by Article 26 of the Registration of Clubs (NI) Order 1996.
- The General Committee of the Club shall have the power on behalf of the Club to apply to the local PSNI Sub-Divisional Commander for an extension of permitted hours for special occasions up to a maximum of 20 such extensions in any year, as provided by Article 25 of the Registration of Clubs (N.I.) Order 1987.
- The Club shall not :
(a) supply intoxicating liquor to a person under the age of 18; or
(b) supply intoxicating liquor to any person for consumption by a person under the age of 18 in the premises of the Club; or
(c) permit any person under the age of 18 to consume intoxicating liquor in any part of the premises of the Club.
- Intoxicating liquor shall not be supplied to persons who are not members of the Club for consumption outside the premises of the Club.
- Intoxicating liquor shall not be supplied to members of the Club for consumption outside the premises of the Club except where the liquor is supplied in such quantities and during such hours, being hours within the permitted hours and on such days as the local PSNI Sub-Divisional Commander may authorise in writing.
- The Selection Committee shall consist of at least two non-playing members together with the Captains or Acting Captains of each fifteen (excluding those of Juvenile teams) who shall have voting powers only on the selection of their own fifteens. The Chairman of the Committee shall be elected at the Annual General Meeting.
- Schoolboys (with the permission of the responsible authorities) may be selected for any team in the Club. Such schoolboys will have their travelling expenses defrayed by the Club.
- Any fully paid up member of the Club, although not normally playing with the Club, may be selected for any team as seen fit by the Selection Committee.
- The Captain or Acting Captain shall have complete control of the team during the progress of any game.
- Applications for international match tickets will not be considered for any playing or non-playing member whose subscription is unpaid, and unless accompanied by the necessary remittance. If sufficient tickets are not available allocation will be made by ballot.
- The Colours of the Club shall be Royal Blue and White. Jerseys shall be blue, shorts royal blue and stockings blue with white tops. Blazers shall be Royal blue with the letters P.R.F.C. above the Club Crest on the pocket. Permission to purchase the Club pocket must be obtained from the Honorary Secretary.
- The General Committee is empowered to make, repeal and amend Club Regulations (but not these Rules) as it may consider necessary for the well-being of the Club. Any regulation so made, repealed or amended shall have affect until set aside by the General Committee or at a General Meeting.
- An Extraordinary General Meeting may be summoned at any time on a requisition stating the business to be transacted and signed by not less than seven members of the Club. All members of the Club entitled to vote shall have at least seven days’ notice in writing of such a meeting and of the business to be transacted.
- To ensure that all members of the Club entitled to vote shall have at least seven days notice in writing of the business to be transacted at a General Meeting of the Club the Honorary Secretary shall be given a statement of such business not later than 31 March. No business shall be voted on unless such notice is given or unless two-thirds of the members at a General Meeting present and voting shall resolve to consider such business notwithstanding the omission to give such notice.
- These Club Rules shall only be amended or altered at a General Meeting of the Club. No amendment or alteration shall be voted on unless all members entitled to vote have been given at least seven days notice in writing of the changes proposed or unless two-thirds
of the members at a General Meeting present and voting shall resolve to consider such amendment or alteration notwithstanding the omission to give such notice.
- If these Rules in any way conflict with the provisions of the Registration of Clubs (N.I.) Order 1996 or any Statute amending the same or any Statute or Rules for the time being governing the conduct of Clubs in Northern Ireland, then and in every such case, these Rules shall be read and interpreted in such manner as to comply with and not to conflict with such Statutes. In so far as these Rules or any of them conflict or contravene any of the said Statutes, such Rule or Rules shall be null and void.
Date of last amendment to Rules – AGM 2018 (24/05/2018)
Signed : Gary Elliott